Welcome to my freelance and blogging income report for December 2019.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links on my website are affiliate links, which means, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Previous Income Reports:
- November 2019 – $9,619.30 Revenue
- October 2019 – $9,584.39 Revenue
- September 2019 – $6,300.75 Revenue
- August 2019 – $5,397.25 Revenue
I thought a lot about whether or not I wanted to publish a monthly freelance and blogging income report but after thinking about the pros and cons, I know how helpful they were to me prior to making the leap into the world of freelancing and blogging. It is my hope that these reports will continue to show my growth as the months go on and showcase what is possible when working from home.
NOTE: While I am in Canada, most services and clients are billed/paid in USD currency so that’s what currency I am continuing to use for these reports.
Updates this Month:
My goals from last month’s report for December and whether I hit them or not are listed here:
- Launch my new business! – SUCCESS!
- Make a net profit of $7000 – SUCCESS!
- Gain 2 new Pinterest clients – SUCCESS!
- Have 6000 number of monthly views on my website for the month – SUCCESS!
- Post 10 blog posts this month – SUCCESS!
- Grow my email list to 400 subscribers – Close, but I didn’t quite hit 400.
- Send out 2 email newsletters – SUCCESS!
- Create a new opt-in Freebie – SUCCESS!
- Make $300 in affiliate marketing revenue for the month – SUCCESS!
December was a pretty insane month. I was able to work ahead enough to actually take some time to rest and recharge for the holidays, instead of working non-stop crazy hours like I have the last 5 years when I was running my handmade jewelry business. Which is officially for sale!
This Month’s Revenue Breakdown:
Monthly Clients: $8,023.15
One Time Services: $745
Courses & Programs: $1250
Affiliate Marketing: $345.75
Total December 2019 Revenue: $10,363.90 USD
This Month’s Expenses Breakdown:
- Subcontractors / Writers / Virtual Team: $2,060
- Tailwind: $89.96
- Later: $29
- Calendly: $10
- Zoom: $14.99
- Asana: $37.50
- Teachable: $39
- Dubsado: $35
- Canva Pro: $12.95
- Pinterest VA Membership: $99
- SavvyVault Course: $97
- Convert Kit – $29
- Adobe Photoshop Subscription: $9.99
- Pixistock Lifetime Membership – $248.50
- Podia – $67.15
- Pinterested Promoted Pins – $104.03
- Placeit – $14.95
- Simple Pin Collective – $97
Total Monthly Expenses: $3,095.02
My expenses were intentionally less this month as I have eliminated a couple of monthly expenses and programs that I wasn’t really using anymore. I’m switching my course from Teachable to Podia and once everything is switched over, I’ll be able to eliminate another unneeded extra expense.
Total Revenue ($10,363.90) – Total Expenses ($3,095.02) = $7,268.88
Keep in mind, my net profit is before my 30% held back for taxes, equipment costs, etc.
For larger yearly subscription expenses, rather than split the payment across the next 12 months, for these reports, I am going to include revenue and expenses when they are paid to make it easier on myself to create these reports accurately. Months that yearly payments come out will definitely have a higher expense number but that’s how it rolls when it comes to online businesses.
My Goals for January 2020:
- Make a net profit of $8,000
- Gain 2 new Pinterest clients
- Have 6000 number of monthly views on my website for the month
- Post 10 blog posts this month
- Grow my email list to 400 subscribers
- Send out 2 email newsletters
- Create a new opt-in Freebie
- Make $300 in affiliate marketing revenue for the month
I’ll be posting an income report for January to see if I met my goals for the month!
I hope this freelance and blogging income report was interesting to read!