Welcome to my 4th freelance and blogging income report for November 2019.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links on my website are affiliate links, which means, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Previous Income Reports:
I thought a lot about whether or not I wanted to publish a monthly freelance and blogging income report but after thinking about the pros and cons, I know how helpful they were to me prior to making the leap into the world of freelancing and blogging. It is my hope that these reports will continue to show my growth as the months go on and showcase what is possible when working from home.
NOTE: While I am in Canada, most services and clients are billed/paid in USD currency so that’s what currency I am continuing to use for these reports.
Updates this Month:
My goals from last month’s report for November and whether I hit them or not are listed here:
- Make a net profit of $7000 – MISSED!
- Gain 2 new Pinterest clients – SUCCESS!
- Have 5000 number of monthly views on my website for the month – SUCCESS!
- Post 10 blog posts this month – SUCCESS!
- Grow my email list to 350 subscribers – SUCCESS!
- Send out 2 email newsletters – SUCCESS!
- Create a new opt-in Freebie – SUCCESS! (Grab the freebie here!)
- Create 2 new template sets for my design shop – MISSED!
- Make $200 in affiliate marketing revenue for the month – SUCCESS!
- Create and finish a Resources page for my website – MISSED!
- Post consistently on Facebook and Instagram – SUCCESS!
November was a crazy and interesting month! I have been working hard behind the scenes to launch a new business, hired more subcontractors and virtual assistants to help me out with my upcoming launch and staying focused. Because of that, my expenses this month were huge, but you need to spend money to make money. Plus, you know, Black Friday deals that I couldn’t resist (like the lifetime membership to Styled Stock Society!)
This Month’s Revenue Breakdown:
Monthly Clients: $7,289
One Time Services: $1,614.80
Affiliate Marketing: $265.50
Total November 2019 Revenue: $9,619.30
This Month’s Expenses Breakdown:
- Subcontractors / Writers / Virtual Team: $3,185.47
- Tailwind: $89.96
- Later: $29
- Calendly: $10
- Zoom: $14.99
- Monday: $50
- Asana: $37.50
- Teachable: $39
- Pink Pom Pom Social: $16.96
- SEMRush: $99.95
- Dubsado: $35
- Canva Pro: $12.95
- Pinterest VA Membership: $99
- SavvyVault Course: $97
- Convert Kit – $29
- Adobe Photoshop Subscription: $9.99
- Styled Stock Society Lifetime Membership – $297
- AppSumo DepositPhotos Deal – $49
- Pixistock Lifetime Membership – $190.32
- MemberPress Annual – $149
Total Monthly Expenses: $4,541.09
My expenses were nearly double what they were last month, but like I mentioned above, I’m in the middle of a huge launch and needed some extra help. That’s why the subcontractors/team column is SO much higher. It will likely stay this way for at least another couple of months while I finish up all the launch and back-end work for my new business. Are you intrigued yet? Sign up for my newsletter to get the details when it launches!
Total Revenue ($9,619.30) – Total Expenses ($4,541.09) = $5,078.21
Keep in mind, my net profit is before my 30% held back for taxes, equipment costs, etc.
For larger yearly subscription expenses, rather than split the payment across the next 12 months, for these reports, I am going to include revenue and expenses when they are paid to make it easier on myself to create these reports accurately. Months that yearly payments come out will definitely have a higher expense number but that’s how it rolls when it comes to online businesses.
My Goals for December 2019:
- Launch my new business!
- Make a net profit of $7000
- Gain 2 new Pinterest clients
- Have 6000 number of monthly views on my website for the month
- Post 10 blog posts this month
- Grow my email list to 400 subscribers
- Send out 2 email newsletters
- Create a new opt-in Freebie
- Make $300 in affiliate marketing revenue for the month
My main focus and goal for December is to launch my new business. This was initially targeted for February, but I’ve been working hard behind the scenes and hope to have it launched in December or early January now.
I’ll be posting an income report for December to see if I met my goals for the month!
I hope this freelance and blogging income report was interesting to read!