Welcome to my second freelance and blogging income report for September 2019.
I thought a lot about whether or not I wanted to publish a monthly freelance and blogging income report but after thinking about the pros and cons, I know how helpful they were to me prior to making the leap into the world of freelancing and blogging. It is my hope that these reports will continue to show my growth as the months go on and showcase what is possible when working from home.
NOTE: While I am in Canada, most services and clients are billed/paid in USD currency so that’s what currency I am continuing to use for these reports.
Updates this Month:
My goals from last month’s report for September and whether I hit them or not are listed here:
- Make a net profit of $4500 – SUCCESS!
- Gain 3 new clients – SUCCESS!
- Have 2500 number of monthly views on my website for the month – SUCCESS!
- Post 10 blog posts this month – SUCCESS!
- Gain 200 Pinterest followers and have 2000 click throughs to my website from Pinterest (in August I had 1425) – SUCCESS!
- Grow my email list to 275 subscribers – SUCCESS!
- Send out 2 email newsletters – SUCCESS!
- Make $200 in affiliate marketing revenue for the month – MISSED!
- Post consistently on Instagram again (whoops, client work has pushed this to the side lately!) – MISSED!
- Create and finish a Resources page for my website – MISSED!
- Hit 1000 followers on Instagram (yes, I preach often how follower counts don’t matter, but I would still love to hit this milestone number) – SUCCESS!
I missed the mark on my affiliate marketing goal for September, but not by much. I was able to post consistently again on Instagram for the first 2 weeks of the month, but really slacked off the last 2 weeks, so I’ve marked it as a miss. My resources page is also still a work in progress, but only because I want it to be absolutely fabulous! Hopefully, I’ll be able to finish it up in October.
This Month’s Revenue Breakdown:
Monthly Clients: $5475
One Time Services: $550
Affiliate Marketing: $125.75
Total September 2019 Revenue: $6300.75
Edit: Totally forgot to add my $322 income from iWriter that I made in September. Make sure to read my post about my iWriter experience here to learn more.
This Month’s Expenses Breakdown:
- Subcontractors / Writers: $575
- Tailwind: $89.96 (I have 2 Plus plans and power ups)
- Later: $29
- Calendly: $10
- Zoom: $14.99
- Monday: $50
- Asana: $37.50
- Teachable: $39
- Pink Pom Pom Social: $16.96
- SEMRush: $99.95
- Dubsado: $35
- Canva Pro: $12.95
- Pinterest VA Membership: $99
- SavvyVault Course: $97
- Convert Kit – $29
- Adobe Photoshop Subscription: $9.99
Total Monthly Expenses: $1245.30
Expenses were less this month because no yearly expenses came out, plus I downgraded my Later and Teachable subscriptions for the time being. I also switched over to Convert Kit this month, which is a newly added monthly expense.
Total Revenue ($6300.75) – Total Expenses ($1245.30) = $5055.45
Keep in mind, my net profit is before my 30% held back for taxes, equipment costs, etc.
For larger yearly subscription expenses, rather than split the payment across the next 12 months, for these reports, I am going to include revenue and expenses when they are paid to make it easier on myself to create these reports accurately. Months that yearly payments come out will definitely have a higher expenses number but that’s how it rolls when it comes to online businesses.
My Goals for October 2019:
- Make a net profit of $6000
- Gain 2 new clients
- Have 3000 number of monthly views on my website for the month
- Post 10 blog posts this month
- Grow my email list to 300 subscribers
- Send out 2 email newsletters
- Create a new opt-in Freebie
- Create 2 new template sets for my design shop
- Make $200 in affiliate marketing revenue for the month
- Create and finish a Resources page for my website
These are a lot of lofty goals but I’m confident that I can hit most, if not all of them with putting some strategies in place and focusing on what is important. I’ll be posting an income report for October to see if I met my goals for the month!
I hope this freelance and blogging income report was interesting to read!